Why you need HOSTLEGAL
Home-sharing opens hosts and property managers up to a range of potential legal issues and disputes which, if not handled by experts or with expert advice, can leave them exposed to significant financial losses.
it is very difficult to get legal cover for guest related incidents. Legal cover that is included in your standard home insurance is not going to cover these type of claims – For example, the guest refusing to leave the property, help to take down an incorrect bad review on social media or platforms and ID theft. We will cover all of these situations to ensure that you are not left out of pocket after having a guest stay in your home.
What can go wrong?
These are just a few examples of things that could go wrong:
- A guest refuses to leave your property at the end of their stay
- A guest uses personal information acquired whilst staying in your property for identity theft
- Your managing agent fails to deliver the services they are contracted to provide resulting in lost bookings and loss of income
- A difficult guest writes an inaccurate and negative review of you and your property resulting in a significant reduction in bookings
All of these scenarios would be covered with GUARDHOG
Why choose GUARDHOG?
Backed by many of the world’s leading insurers, we’ve insured millions of nights of ‘hosting’ in properties ranging from castles to treehouses and boats to earth houses establishing GUARDHOG as a market leading force in the short-term rental market.
Our team consists of Airbnb super hosts, guests, house-sitters and home swappers. We know the problems and have developed the right products to solve them. We’re here to help you with all your home-sharing questions and queries.
Our products are built to work for anyone that might need them. We offer various payment options and the ability to connect to our bespoke technology, ensuring cost effective cover is in place whenever you need it.
- Identity Theft
The eviction of anyone who continues to be in your property without your permission.
- Defence of a civil claim brought against you by a paying guest, staying in your property with your permission
Home-sharing Platform Disputes:
- Home sharing platform disputes including not paying out under any guarantee offered.
Managing Agent Disputes:
- Managing agent contract disputes is covered when there is a breach of contract for the facilitation of property management services.
Defamatory comments made about an insured person through a social media website or home sharing platform.
How does it work
Once you’ve taken out Host Assist, you be covered for all legal disputes relating to your hosts.
Should you need to claims, directly notify our claims team. We will then put you in touch with the Host Assist advice helpline service, which is there to help you 24 hours a day, 265 days a year.
The small print
Please read our policy wording before you purchase HOSTLEGAL.
- This policy has a £50,000 limit per claim.
- This policy will pay up to £100,000 per policy period.
- All claims must be notified to us within 30 days of any circumstances which may give rise to a claim under this policy
Please refer to your policy word for exclusion details and specific item limits
Host insurance for all super short lets
Find out more
Virtual deposits for all super-short lets
Find out more
24-hour cover for home emergencies
Find out more