Why you need Insurance
Home emergencies can occur 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you have paying guests staying in your property when something goes wrong, it needs to be sorted out immediately – poorly handled emergencies will lead to bad reviews or expensive solutions. Sorting the problem can be extremely difficult because:
Finding an appropriate professional who is available can take hours or even days and requires you to be in a place where you can do research
For private hosts, if a home emergency occurs at a tricky time, e.g. in a work meeting, you might not be in a position to find the right professional
If you are abroad, guests may not be able to get hold of you quickly, and even if they do, sorting out a professional from abroad is difficult and could ruin your holiday
What can go wrong?
These are just a few examples of things that could go wrong:
- A loo becomes blocked and is over-flowing
- The boiler stops working leaving the property with no heat or hot water
- A burst pipe is leaking water through the ceiling
- The guest loses their house keys and the locks need to be changed for security reasons
- A wasp nest is discovered
All of these scenarios would be covered with GUARDHOG
Why choose GUARDHOG?
Backed by many of the world’s leading insurers, we’ve covered millions of nights of ‘hosting’ in properties ranging from castles to treehouses and boats to earth houses, establishing GUARDHOG as a market-leading force in the short-term rental market.
In addition to being insurance experts with a background in developing new products, our team consists of Airbnb super hosts, guests, house-sitters and home swappers. We know the problems and have developed the right products to solve them.
Our products are built to work for anyone that might need them. We offer various payment options and the ability to connect to our bespoke technology, ensuring cost effective cover is in place whenever you need it.
RESCUECOVER provides 24-hour call-out support for home emergencies that occur whilst you have guests staying. Either hosts or property managers can get in contact to request professional help.
- Plumbing & drainage
- Internal electricity
- Gas & water supplies
- Heating systems
- Pest control
- Home access & security
Emergency repairs following damage to or failure of the plumbing and drainage system which:
- Means that internal flooding or water damage is a likely consequence
- Means that you do not have access to one or more usable toilets within your home
- Causes blocked external drains that are solely your responsibility within the boundary of the home, where this can be resolved by jetting.
Emergency repairs following the electricity failure of at least one complete circuit which:
- Cannot be resolved by carefully resetting the fuse box
- Would not be more appropriately resolved by the regional electricity network supplier
- After the National Gas Emergency Service has visited your home and isolated your gas supply, emergency repairs will be carried out by a Gas Safe contractor, who will repair or replace the damaged section of internal gas supply pipe. Our contractor will also turn your gas supply back on.
- Emergency repairs following a water supply system failure to:
- The kitchen
- The bathroom where no other water supply is available for bathing
Emergency repairs following the complete breakdown of the primary heating system which:
- Results in the complete loss of heating
- Results in the complete loss of hot water.
Emergency repairs following an infestation as a result of the following pests being found in or attached to the home:
• Wasp nests
• Hornet nests
• House mice
• Field mice
- Emergency repairs following the loss of the only available key to the home which cannot be replaced and normal access cannot be obtained. Our contractor will gain access to the home and ensure it is left secure.
- Emergency repairs following damage or failure of the following:
- External lock
- External door
- External window
How does it work
Once you’ve given set up an account with us over the phone, you will have access to our 24 hour emergency call out service.
Should there be a home emergency when you have guests to stay, your guests will be able to call on your behalf and we will send someone to mitigate the loss.
The small print
Please read our policy wording before you purchase RESCUECOVER.
- This policy has a £500 limit per claim.
- This policy will pay up to £1,000 per policy period
Please refer to your policy word for exclusion details and specific item limits
Host insurance for all super short lets
Find out more
Virtual deposits for all super-short lets
Find out more
Legal support for home-sharing disputes
Find out more